XVth Rencontres du Vietnam
LIFE3E’2019: SEARCH FOR LIFE, FROM EARLY EARTH TO EXOPLANETS
March 25th– 29th, 2019, Quy Nhon, Vietnam
This international conference, endorsed by IAU and the C.F3 commission “Astrobiology” , is the third of a series of conferences on « Planets, Exoplanets and Astrobiology » and the 2nd one in astrobiology (see the previous one organized in December 2016: http://rencontresduvietnam.org/conferences/2016/search-for-life/).
It will be preceded by a 2 days Training School on « Basics of Astrobiology » for students and young researchers (March 22nd-23rd – see “Training School“).
Both the Training School and Conference are hosted by the Rencontres du Vietnam**, the training school will be held in Hanoi University and the conference will be held at ICISE, Quy Nhon*.
The aims of the conference are to discuss and review recent developments in:
* The International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science Education (ICISE) is pleasantly located in the seaside of the city of Quy Nhon (Central Vietnam) where conferences meeting international standards can be organized. It contributes to the development of research and education in Vietnam and in this region of Asia. With this motivation in mind, Asian scientists are encouraged to meet for events (conferences, schools and workshops) and to share knowledge/expertise with their foreign counterparts.
Conference Schedule (downloadable booklet)
- Registration will start on Sunday, March 24th in the afternoon.
- The opening session is scheduled to take place on Monday, March 25th at 8:30.
- The conference will end on Friday, March 29th at 6pm.
- Session hours are 8:00 – 11:30 and 13:00 – 16:30.
- Wednesday afternoon will be free for an excursion
- Conference sessions will be held in the ICISE conference Center.
The conference will consist of plenary sessions for in depth oral presentations (review, invited and contributed talks on specific specialized topics) and posters. The contributions are either solicited (review and invited) or selected among submitted abstracts. The program will be available after the deadline of abstracts submission.
Training School on Lectures on Basics of Astrobiology, March 22nd-23rd
Before the conference we will organize at Hanoi University a 2-day training school for students and young researchers who have not been exposed to the interdisciplinary basics that astrobiology requires (e.g., astronomy for biologists, prebiotic chemistry for astronomers, etc.).
4 sessions of 3 hours each will be presented on Astrophysics/Planetology, Earth sciences, Chemistry and Life Sciences. Session hours will be 8:00 – 11:30 and 13:00 – 16 :30.